Get Inspired. Learn. Publish Your Book.
Cut the learning curve and learn how to publish your first book with hands-on instruction, mentorship, and manuscript development assistance from two of the region’s most experienced editing and publishing professionals. Network with and get to know your mentors and other ambitious writers in a socially distant yet immersive in-person retreat in beautiful Saugeen Shores.
- Online course and manuscript review begins April 14
- Retreat: 2 nights, 3 days – May 14 to May 16
- Post-Accelerator Mentorship Call by June 15
Hosted by:The Ginger Press: The region’s largest publisher of local books and one of the oldest independent bookshops in Canada. Grey Bruce Digital: A local web design, marketing, and SEO agency bringing world-class digital marketing strategy to businesses across Grey and Bruce counties.
The Ginger Press Publishing Accelerator is an exciting opportunity for aspiring local authors to take advantage of quality instruction, mentorship, and guidance from two of the area’s leading publishing professionals.
Participants will learn to navigate the path to publishing in this comprehensive program consisting of four weeks of self-directed online learning and a socially distanced two-day, in-person networking and mentoring event in Southampton, Ontario.
You will learn:
1. Various online and print publishing options, the pros and cons of each one, and how to develop a publishing plan that meets your unique needs.
2. Time-saving manuscript development tips and techniques that can dramatically improve the quality of your book.
3. How prepress processes work and what to expect of printers between finalizing your layout and the actual printing of your book.
4. Tips and tactics for creating a marketing and distribution strategy for your print book or e-book.
5. How to move your own project forward, with personalized recommendations for manuscript development based on our in-depth review ahead of the retreat.
Your Publishing Mentors:
has owned and operated The Ginger Press, the region’s largest publisher of local books and magazines for over 40 years. One of the region’s most respected advocates for literacy and the power of the printed word, she has edited and published over 100 local books and is a two-time recipient of the City of Owen Sound’s Cultural Award.
Outside of the Ginger Press, Maryann was on the board of directors for the local Downtown Improvement Association for several years.
is a writer, editor, and marketing professional with over 15 years of experience creating content for brands, government, and individuals. As a ghostwriter to CEOs and executives in technology and logistics, she has published works in Forbes, Inc Magazine, Authority Magazine, and more. Today, Miranda is the Managing Editor of Search Engine Journal, a trade publication with over 3 million monthly readers, and the owner of agencies Miranda-Miller.com and Grey Bruce Digital. She serves her community as a director of the board for The Women’s Centre Grey-Bruce Inc. and Glassworks Cooperative.
- Private non-smoking room and washroom with comfortable bedding, LG Smart TV, blackout curtains, mini-refrigerator, in-room safe, hanging closet, in-room temperature controls, full bathtub and separate walk-in shower
- Enhanced sanitization and social distancing measures throughout the property including deep cleaning with hospital-grade disinfectants, and guests can expect to see enhanced procedures, which may include: face-covering requirements, various ways to reduce contact throughout the hotel, social distancing measures within public spaces, and procedures based on local authorities’ guidance and/or advice.
- Free wifi
- Indoor pool and fitness centre (availability is subject to property policies and local health regulations at the time of the Accelerator)
- Grab & Go Breakfast included each morning
- Complimentary parking
Register Now for $1249 (+hst)
The Ginger Press Publishing Accelerator includes your manuscript review, online instruction, 2 nights and days Retreat accommodation and programming with breakfast and lunch, and your follow-up mentorship call.
Please note: If you are unable to register using the form above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your seat.